- This website is issued by Governor Finance Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (number 07210404) with its registered office at 16-17 West Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2RL. Governor Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 535944).
- References to "Governor", "we", "us" or "our" refer to Governor Finance Limited and references to "you" or "your" refer to any users of our website.
2. Website content
- Our website is intended for investors over 18 years of age who are resident in the United Kingdom. The website and the material contained therein should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to conduct investment business in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom.
- All material on our website is for general information purposes only, and nothing on the website should be construed as being personalised investment advice for your particular circumstances. Before making any investment you should always take adequate steps to independently verify the accuracy and completeness of any material available through the website.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make the website available for access at all times. However, access may be suspended from time to time for maintenance and development work. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you when this work will take place and carry out such work during periods of low usage. We may change the format and content of the website at our sole discretion at any time.
- All copyright, other intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs, images, sounds and videos) on the website and technical infrastructure relating to it belongs to us or our licensors and is protected by law. You may retrieve, store or print content from the website, though only for your personal, non-commercial use.
- "Governor", "Governor Finance Limited", "governormoney.com" and any other company or product names appearing anywhere on the website are our trade or service marks or are trade or service marks that have been licensed to us, and you may not use any such trade or service marks, or trade or service marks otherwise owned by or licensed to us, without our prior permission.
- We do not currently make a charge for your access to the website or the material available within it, but we reserve the right to do so in the future.
- All of our web pages which require personal information (such as when you apply or sign into your account), are encrypted to protect your information.
- You can recognise an encrypted web page by its address which begins https://.
- In addition, these pages have been authenticated by Thawte, a leading global website Certification Authority. High-security browsers, such as the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox, recognise this by turning the browser address bar green.
- Once you have opened an account with Governor you will be provided with security details to access all areas of the website. Your right to use the website is personal to you and you may not permit any other person to gain access to the website using any of your security details. If you become aware or suspect that your security details may be used unlawfully or without your consent then you should contact us on 0845 121 3315 as soon as possible (Calls cost no more than 4.5p per minute, plus a 13p call set-up fee, from a BT landline (correct at 01/12/2012). The cost of non-BT landline calls may differ). Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- You agree to indemnify us in respect of any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred as a result of any person accessing the website via use of your security details where you have acted fraudulently or you have intentionally or negligently failed to keep your security details safe and prevent any fraudulent use of them.
- Please note that all your use of the website, and any entries, passwords or usernames made in respect of it, or secure messages sent through it, are accessible for viewing by us. This information will only be utilised for the purposes of assisting you in the event of a query. We will at all times observe our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other relevant legislation.
- We may, at our sole discretion, block the use of your security details from time to time for general administration purposes, for security reasons or for other concerns. We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible of such action.
4. Third party information
- Our website may contain links to, or from, third party websites which are included for your convenience and information only. We allow and welcome third party websites to link to any available part of our website, but we reserve the right to withdraw this permission at any time. The content of these third party websites is not controlled, maintained or endorsed by us in any way and we do not make any warranty as to the accuracy of any information contained in them. Responsibility for the accuracy of any material or opinions accessed via links from our website belongs solely to the relevant provider and such material or opinions are not endorsed by us. We therefore accept no responsibility for these third party websites.
- Our website may also contain information supplied by third parties, and we will always ensure that such information is identified as being supplied by the relevant third party and not by us. In such cases, it will be the responsibility of these third parties to ensure the information they supply is reliable and accurate, and we therefore accept no liability for it. Users of our website agree and understand that while it may be possible to access information and news stories through our website this does not constitute a personal recommendation to invest in any products which may be referred to.
- We may occasionally use pop-up windows to display certain types of information on our website. Please ensure that you have disabled pop-up blockers from your browser when using our website so that you can view this information. We will not be held liable for any loss incurred as a result of your inability to view information resulting from the use of pop-up blockers.
6. Limitation of liability
- Save where required to do so by law, we do not accept any responsibility and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the unavailability of the website, the withdrawal of any part of it or the incompleteness of any information received by you through the website which arises out of or in connection with data transmission, machine or software error or malfunction or from your operating error (other than such inaccuracy or incompleteness arising as a result of our negligence, fraud or wilful default).
- We accept no liability for loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your accessing our website or any materials using a computer which contains any virus or which has been maliciously corrupted. We encourage extensive use of anti-virus software to protect your computer from viruses and other malware or spyware. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the website to ensure that you access the most up to date version of the website.
- Any technical support given by our staff is given in good faith and we cannot accept liability for any data or information held on your computer, which may be lost or damaged directly or indirectly as a result of any advice given.
- We have a written Complaints Policy to ensure that we handle complaints promptly and fairly. If you wish to complain to Governor about the services we provide, you can contact us in three main ways:
- By phone - 0845 121 3315 (Calls cost no more than 4.5p per minute, plus a 15p call set-up fee, from a BT landline (correct at 03/06/2013). The cost of non-BT landline calls may differ.). Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- In writing - Governor, PO Box 5354, Brighton BN50 8EJ.
- Online - Log in to your Governor account and send us a secure message (choosing 'Make a Complaint' as the subject line).
- If you feel we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you are can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
11. Governing law and jurisdiction