Simplify your savings

Protecting your money

The protection of your savings is of the upmost importance to us. That is why all the deposit takers we do business with are:

Governor does not work with deposit takers who do not meet the above criteria.


What is the FSCS?

The FSCS is designed to pay eligible customers compensation if they lose money because an authorised firm is unable to pay what they owe because they’ve ceased trading.


Am I eligible and how much can I claim?

The amount of compensation you may be able to claim and details of the restrictions that apply are set out in a ‘Deposit Information Sheet’. Below you’ll find links to the Deposit Information Sheets for each deposit taker that you can invest with through your Governor account.

Please take the time to read the Deposit Information Sheet(s) that applies to the deposit taker(s) you’ve chosen to save with:

Any money in your Governor account that you’ve not invested in any product is called your “available balance". This available balance is held in a trust account with Bank of Scotland PLC. Like the other deposit takers we work with, Bank of Scotland is also covered by the FSCS. You can find details of the compensation arrangements that apply to your money when it’s held with Bank of Scotland by clicking on the link below:

Please be aware that some banks and building societies operate with multiple trading names under a single registration on the Financial Services Register. The total amount of compensation that you can claim is aggregated across all trading names under the same registration. The Deposit Information Sheet for each bank and building society tells you what trading names each one operates under.

Where there are providers with multiple brands covered by the same authorisation, we will have made this clear by sending you a secure message to your chosen email address.

We show the holdings in your Governor account by deposit taker and warn you if you are about to go over your compensation-eligible limit. This way you can be assured your savings will always be protected. Please note this alert will only cover deposits held within your Governor account and will not take into account any other savings held independently or directly with the same deposit taker(s).


Where can I find out more?

If you’d like to know more about the FSCS, please visit their website at Alternatively, you can call them on 0800 678 1100.

You may also find the FCA website useful: From here you can search The Financial Services Register to check if a firm is authorised. You can also search for a table showing banking and savings brands covered by the same Financial Services registration authorisation.